Wednesday, September 22, 2004

Got IT: E-mail Attachment Reminder

Ask, and ye shall receive! At least that was my hope for this blog...and it is already working!

After tinkering a bit with Applescript to see if I could get the OSX Mail app to behave the way I mentioned in an earlier post (I thought that it would be nice to have a way for my e-mail handler to alert me when I was about to be a bonehead and send a message in which I had promised an attachment, but hadn't delivered on that promise...)

My wife says to me "hey, I know something that does that!"

Enter Attachment Reminder

It does what I suggested earlier, and more. You can tell it the words to look for in the body of the message.

The marketing of this product is interesting too. My wife sees an ad for this in Eudora when she sends an attachment, so that's how she heard about it.
Ironically, it seems that it is only available for Win 2000/XP running as an Outlook plug-in. Which means I won't be using it (stay tuned, if I get the applescript thingy going, I will post it)

In the meanwhile, have a look:



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home